Canned fish is a convenient option for lunch, snacks and dinner. Best of all, it’s nutritious, affordable and always available. It even comes in small serve cans which are ideal for lunch at work or when on the go. Try the following:
- Add canned fish to a baked potato for an easy lunch option (you can microwave your potato if at work).
- Make fish pie from canned fish, mashed potato, vegetables, white sauce and cheese.
- Top crackers, rice cakes or pita bread with canned fish for a snack.
- Fish cakes are easily prepared from canned fish, onion, potato, egg and seasonings. Serve with vegetables or salad at dinner.
- Niçoise salad (pronounced nee-swaz) is a French salad, made with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, anchovies (optional), green beans, potatoes, hard boiled eggs and tuna. Canned tuna works brilliantly in this salad.